The route directions below are written for walkers. The route is not suitable for riders.
The walkers page has a link to a map of the route.
The route is not waymarked but it follows the Pewsey Avon Trail as far as Manningford Abbots, then the White Horse Trail as far as Knap Hill, both of which are waymarked. GPX/KML files can be downloaded from the walking route using the links on the right of the hiking site.
North to South – from Overton Hill/A4 to Salisbury
- Overton Hill/A4 to Upavon, 10.9 miles (17.4 km)
- Upavon to Enford, 4.8 miles (7.7 km)
- Enford to Figheldean, 4.3 miles (6.9 km)
- Figheldean to Amesbury, 4.5 miles (7.2 km)
- Amesbury to Old Sarum, 7 miles (11.2 km)
- Old Sarum to Salisbury, 3 miles (4.8 km)
South to North – from Salisbury to Overton Hill/A4
- Salisbury to Old Sarum, 3 miles (4.8 km)
- Old Sarum to Amesbury, 7 miles (11.2 km)
- Amesbury to Figheldean, 4.5 miles (7.2 km)
- Figheldean to Enford, 4.3 miles (6.9 km)
- Enford to Upavon, 4.8 miles (7.7 km)
- Upavon to Overton Hill/A4, 10.9 miles (17.4 km)
If you have questions or comments on the route. Then please contact Tim Lewis the promoter of the Sarsen Way route email Sarsen@GreatChalkWay.org.uk